Family

Family

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Summertime Finally!!!

On Thursday I blogged that we had our labor and delivery prep class today at the hospital. I had a feeling this might happen.....yeah, we skipped it. Josh came home from work Friday night and saw Nate (his brother) out with the boat, and sure enough guess what Josh would rather have done on a beautiful, hot summer Saturday than sit in a classroom for 7 hours? Can't say I blame him, it really didn't take much to convince me. Especially considering I have been begging for some sun lately.
 
We re-registered to go June 15th instead.....fingers crossed we actually make it! I really do want to go, but I think we just needed to get this first boating adventure out of our systems first. Since winter has been so long and brutal, we have been itching to get on the boat for about a month now.
 
I admit, when I found out I was pregnant in December, my first thought (I kid you not), was "How am I going to miss out on all the boating we love to do so much?!?!" (not to mention the cold beer and lime-a-rita's!). One of the first things we did was Google whether it would be safe to be boating or in/on the water pregnant. Dr. confirmed I should not have any issues with boating or even getting in the water for short amounts of time. I don't plan to get IN, but as long as I can sit and enjoy the water and watch everyone else wakeboard I am happy! And, luckily today, I had no issues at all! Like I said, sometimes I just forget I am pregnant. The only thing that plagues me.......that darn bladder issue now, and you can be sure I am NOT getting in that 57 degree water for a second. I held it.....and I'll keep holding it until the water warms up....to at least 70:)
 


I did rock a bikini today, but the cover-up did not come off:) I think this will do for the summer, and I am still able to get some sun on my legs and chest/face without burning my belly.
 


Grace was just a newborn when we went boating last summer, it was a test to see how she would enjoy it now that she is more mobile and engaged. She loved it! Lucky for Nate and Emily, they have a water baby. Hope we can say the same for Baby B, fingers crossed!
 

 
Can't say she particularly enjoyed this part of boating though. Poor thing looked a little snug:)

 
Said he wasn't going to do it, but I knew after seeing Nate on the wakeboard his itch to get on the water would get the best of him. Yeah, water's still a little chilly in Iowa (57 degrees!! brrrrrr) after a long winter, especially considering it just was snowing 2 weeks ago!!

 
Enjoying the sun and boat, one of our favorite things to do!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment