Family

Family

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Nursery Update

I have been busy working on the nursery and I am so excited about some of the progress! The baby shower definitely helped up gather some items to help fill it up a little bit!
 
 
 My mom is moving in a couple of weeks and she gave us the side table which had been my sister's for years! We repainted it green to tie into the navy blue/green theme. I also received the pottery barn throw pillow as a decoration at my shower.

 
I am so excited we found these! Again, like I mentioned above, my mom is moving next week and we came across these. They were golf clubs my dad cut down for me and my sister when we were little. They look a lot bigger than they really are, but they are so cute sitting in the room!
 
 
This is my project for this weekend. I bought spray paint to paint the base of the lamp and am going to buy a new lamp shade since the red doesn't fit in with room.
 

 
This was a purchase I made on Etsy-I need a frame to put this in still, I might get crafty and see what I can make.
 
 
Just a shot of the crib/bedding and golf picture I bought on Etsy. Nothing new here, I think I have shown you this one before.
 
 
This doesn't tie into the theme very well but I just love it too much not to share. Josh's cousin made us this tie blanket, and anyone who knows Josh and I know we are NASCAR fans:) Don't judge. Anyways, I think it is just so cute not to share.
 
 
I received lots of great books at my first shower, and I was blown away at the creativity of my mom for the frame shown there too. A few weeks ago she asked me for an ultrasound picture, and much to my dismay, I handed one over. I didn't want to give her one! They were mine:) Anyways I am so happy I did, because she created this cute little golf ball frame to use as a diaper cake topper, and now it looks great in his room!
 
 
This is not the nursery, obviously, but I made these purchases last week for our little man and they are just too cute not to share. I love shopping for him, even if it is just little stuff here and there. I know I will receive more at my next shower on June 2.
 
 
It is so crazy to think I am about to enter the last week of my second trimester. I have a dr. appt. on Tuesday where we will have our second ultrasound and also have the glucose screening. Wish me luck! I am excited to see the little guy again, but am not excited about being poked with needles again, I hate needles! I will post another update after that appointment! Have a great weekend all, and best of all, Have a wonderful mother's day to all the mothers out there........ AND to all the soon to be mothers out there!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment