Family

Family

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Words to Live By

After a particularily difficult/tiring/productive day at work, I came home to my unbelievably supportive husband, who always has the ability to pick me back up and make me feel that everything I do is worth something. It is funny how today, difficult and productive can be used in the same sentence. In my line of work, usually difficult is accompanied with frustrating, unproductive, and downright annoying. I apologize in advance for those of you looking for an update to Baby Boettcher, today I have some thoughts that I just needed to get out and writing is a really great outlet for me. So now this blog has evolved, not only is it a way to update friends and family about our baby's progress, but also to allow me a way to reflect on decisions I make everyday that will affect our life and my unborn baby's life.

Anyone who knows me and Josh, understand how different we are. Josh is the ying to my yang, he keeps me grounded, ie. he is sane and thinks much more rationally than I do in MOST situations:) I tend to worry more, let anxiety control my emotions, and get worked up about small issues that I cannot control, whereas Josh, doesn't let life's little hiccups ever get to him.....HOW DOES HE DO THAT?!?! If anyone can figure this secret in life out, please let me be the first to know.

So as I was saying, today was a particularily productive day at work, yet I still felt somewhat deflated at the end of the day. I feel very good about all of the progress we are making in my office, and am excited about the future of my team, however, I work particularily with some very difficult clients and contractors (some, but not all) who can in an instant take all of the hard work you feel so proud about and make you feel (again) so deflated. So this got me thinking.

Who do I want to be for my children? How do I want them to view me? What sort of characteristics do I want to pass along to them, and which one's do I hope they do not inherit from their (sometimes) insane mother :) I know as I transition into motherhood this is something I personally need to change/transition. I know that only I can control my actions and how I react to certain situations, and if I learn to control and diffuse my reactions, this will reflect very positively on my children. I look forward to teaching myself how to do this. I know what kind of mother I want to be, now it is up to me to BE that mother.

These are some words that INSPIRE me, that I hope I can pass along to not only this child, but all the people in my life, young and old.















1 comment:

  1. Your husband and mine sound like two peas in a pod. My emotions can be all over the place while he calmly sits there and tells me to take a deep breath. I don't get it.
    Just by this post it's obvious you're going to be a GREAT mommy (not that there was any doubt to begin with)!

    ReplyDelete