Family

Family

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

15 Week Update


How far along? 15 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: I am definately looking rounder this week, but our Doctor Appointment on Monday will let me know for sure if there has been any weight gain. I will let you know!
Maternity clothes? Maternity Skinny Jeans and a belly band here and there. Work pants have been fitting so far but I have been starting to use a belly band just to loosen them up a little bit
Stretch marks? No, still sticking to my baby oil and Mustela stretch mark cream routine
Sleep: Still sleeping really well, getting up to use the bathroom once between 1:30 and 3:30 AM. Still able to sleep on my tummy comfortably, but the extra pressure on my bladder is noticable when I have to pee.
Best moment this week: BIG NEWS THIS WEEK!! I felt the baby move for the first time:) It was exciting but creepy at the same time. We were laying in bed getting ready to fall asleep when all the sudden I felt some weird bubbly movement, and then it kept happening over and over. I told Josh, who I still think is convinced it was gas, but this was a feeling I have never felt before:) Little Baby Boettcher kept moving for the next hour which I enjoyed laying and just feeling while Josh slept. Sunday I felt a little movement again when I was laying down, but since then I haven't felt much, at least nothing as pronounced as Saturday night's movement.
Miss Anything? Being tan, usually around this time of year I would lay down in a tanning bed a few times just to get some color. I am not a huge fan of spray tans but I might treat myself to one soon. I am looking forward to summer and hopefully getting outside more just to get a little extra color. I obviously won't be doing any major tanning or laying out, but just being out in the yard or on a patio can get my face some color.
Movement: Yes!!! It felt so creepy but I loved it, it game me a sense of relief. I honestly wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks, but I can't wait to feel more
Food cravings: I have been drinking LOTS of milk lately, I can down the entire gallon, plus a half gallon of chocolate milk by myself within the week, and I know Josh doesn't drink any milk, ever. Siracha-or anything spicy really, but those new siracha chips and putting siracha on my rice has been a favorite this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not eating breakfast in the morning still makes me very lightheaded, which in turn makes me nauseous. I have been like this my entire life if I don't eat breakfast but it is harder being pregnant.
Have you started to show yet: Definately starting to pop out a belly now. I absolutely love it! I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a month from now. I think still first glance at me, you wouldn't know, but after we talk or if I show you, it is more noticeable. Maybe right now I just look like I have put on a gut:)
Gender prediction: Back and forth on the gender this week. We will find out on March 19th, hopefully!
Belly Button in or out? Still inny/outie mix-Josh thinks outties are creepy, things are only going to get worse in the belly button department
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am so incredibly happy. I haven't been tired at all, I have just as much energy as before getting pregnant. I cannot express how excited I am for these next 6 months to come and go. Josh has been great, and so patient with me. We love seeing other kids, and envisioning how different our life will be in just half a year. He likes to tease me about being pregnant, but I know he is just kidding and is enjoying it just as much as I do, and he really does a great job taking care of me, even though sometimes I do milk it.....just a little bit:)
Looking forward to: Our next doctor appointment on Monday the 4th

Anything Else???? We have the crib set up and I also purchased a rocker off of craigslist last week. My mom ordered us a dresser, so the major items for the nursery are done. Once we get the dresser put together next week, I will post a blog showing the pictures and the plans for starting to decorate. Once we find out what gender it is, I am sure the fun will really start. I am excited to use craiglist some more, go garage saling for used items, and register-finally!!!

I have made a goal of getting to the YMCA 3 times a week to walk on the treadmill, so far I have been really good about going, but crappy cold weather really shoves the motivation right out the door. I am soooooo ready for spring, it getting dark later, and warmer weather-I am sooo over this late winter funk, Bring on MARCH!! January and February are my two least favorite months of the year, it is cold, there are no exciting holidays or birthdays (unless you count New Years Day, which in my opinion is just more depressing because January is just the worst month of the year and now you know you are just starting not only the worst month of the year, but also an entire YEAR over), and worst of all both months are for sure cold and dark. Spring just means Summer is closer and that means closer to warm weather and best of all this year, BABY!!!

Like I said, I will post pictures of the (very rough) nursery next week! My mom and sister are coming this weekend to visit and I am so excited to spend some time with them. Hopefully we can get shopping in too!

Goodnight! Happy Hump day tomorrow!



Here is a pic of me rocking my belly band today after work, I think it is so cute:) Just wanted to share!

1 comment: