Family

Family

Monday, October 26, 2015

Old Wives Tales {Part 2}

I did this with Bennett and posted it around the same time. I thought it would be fun to try again with Babe #2. Last time the winner was Boy, and it was correct!
 
  • Ring Test-Loop your wedding ring in a piece of thread and let it dangle over your belly. If the rings swings in a back and forth motion, it's a girl. If the ring moves in a circular motion, paint the room blue. Prediction: BOY
  • Heart rate-A heart rate over 140 beats per minute (bpm), it's a girl. A boy's heart beat is slower. Prediction: GIRL (First ultrasound was in the 180’s, the second Doppler was 160, and the third in the 150's so it is declining, but still above 140.)
  • Mayan Tale-The Mayan tale adds the mother’s age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is an even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way. Prediction: GIRL (29+2015=2044)
  • Face-If your face swells and gets rounder, it's a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy. Prediction: Inconclusive (My face is naturally round, I found this one inconclusive for this reason the first time too.)
  • Cravings-If you crave salty foods it's a boy. If you crave sweets then it's a girl. Prediction: Inconclusive (I crave both this pregnancy. I remember, overwhelmingly, I craved salty foods with Bennett)
  • Morning Sickness-No morning sickness, it’s a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy. Prediction: GIRL (this is one of the biggest reasons why I lean towards Girl this pregnancy)
  • Chinese Gender Prediction-This age-old calendar predicts gender based on month of conception and your age. Prediction: GIRL (I did 5 of these and 3 predicted Girl and 2 predicted Boy)
  • Shape of Belly-If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it's a boy. Prediction: Inconclusive (I am not showing enough yet to tell)
  • Body Clues-Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she'll steal your beauty. So, if you've got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you've got a little princess coming your way. Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. Prediction: Inconclusive (I have both. I have noticed a few more zits while being pregnant, but I also have very dry hands in the middle of the night and I am always cold-this was the same with Bennett too)
  • The Eye Test-when a "V" or "branches" appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a "V" or "branches" in the white part, you're having a girl. Prediction: BOY (I didn't understand this one the first time either. But again, I don't see a V or Branches)

  • Breast Test-If a pregnant woman's left breast is larger than the right breast, she's having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it's a boy. Prediction: Inconclusive (they appear the be the same?)
  • Urine Test-What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. Prediction: GIRL (I have noticed since reading about this test, that it is much paler/dull
  • Bread- If you eat the ends of bread, its a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, its a girl. Prediction: GIRL (I wouldn't eat the ends even if I wasn't pregnant)
  • Sleep- If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, shes having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, shes having a girl. Prediction: GIRL
  • Hands- When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, its a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up. Prediction: GIRL
  • Headaches- If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. Prediction: BOY (I am having more headaches than normal)
 
Of the 16 Old Wives Tales, 8 predicted GIRL, 3 predicted BOY , and 5 I declared Inconclusive at this point.

We find out the gender on Nov. 17th so just about 3 weeks away!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment