Family

Family

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

16 Week Update {Baby B #2}


How Far Along: 16 weeks

Weight Gain: 3rd OB appointment was on Tuesday Oct 20th and I have gained 3 lbs.
 
Symptoms: Heartburn, heartburn, heartburn. Nausea still comes and goes but it not as prevalent. My energy levels are back up which I am thankful for during the day, but around 8:30 PM, I crash.

Cravings/Aversions: I took a new prenatal vitamin a couple of weeks ago and it made me sick. So, I would call that an aversion. That is the only thing that has ever made me physically sick, so I won't be taking those ever again. Aversions to eating any food when I feel nauseous, especially greasy or heavy foods. I don't feel specific cravings, I never did with Bennett either.

What I am Missing:  Nothing really. I don't feel like I miss much of anything, to be honest, right now.


Size Of Baby: Size of an avocado. Around 4 1/2 inches long and 3-4 ounces.

Sleep: Still sleeping great. Waking up one time to use the bathroom but always fall right back to sleep.

Clothing: Still no maternity clothes. Last pregnancy I couldn't wait to wear them, so I probably rushed it more than I needed them. Now, I want to wait as long as possible to wear them because I know how tired of the same stuff I wear will be.
 
Gender: I have been having a pretty strong feeling towards a girl the past week. Just based on some of the old wives tales. We will find out the gender for certain on Nov. 17th.

Nursery: Still not even worrying or thinking about this. First battle is to get Bennett into a new room and new bed.

Baby Purchases: Still no purchases for Babe #2. Poor little thing, already feeling the effects of being the second child. However, I am sure after we find out the gender this will ramp right up.


Best Moment This Week: Hard to say. I don't think any one best moment was related to my pregnancy. I had my 30th birthday this week and it melted my heart to hear Bennett say Happy Birthday and hand me a homemade card and flowers that Daddy had bought.

Big Brother: Had to be in this picture, which I thought was adorable. We took about 5 pictures to get a good one, and every single one he lined up right next to me and stood exactly like I was. Seriously, this kid just cracks me up.
Looking Forward To:  Learning the Gender by our next OB appointment!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are looking GOOD Katie!! Bennett is stinking adorable!!

    ReplyDelete