Family

Family

Sunday, July 7, 2013

34 Week Update

(check out the difference in my skin color from my 31
week post to this weeks!!! I am loving my tan!!!)
 
 
How Far Along? 34 weeks-only 6-7 weeks left!!!

Total weight gain/loss: +32 lbs as of July 1-we have another dr. apt on Friday 07/12. The weirdest feeling ever was scheduling my weekly appointments up until our due date last week. I cannot believe we are so close already!!

Maternity clothes? Bought a new outfit, above, the other day:) Starting to really get tired of the same 10 items I keep re-wearing but not really in the mood to buy a whole lot of new things either.


Stretch marks? My new TAN belly definitely hides anything that might be popping up:) I love feeling more tan and have that "glow" now.

Sleep: Still pretty good for the most part, tossing and turning occasionally with hip pain or rib pain but that is to be expected at this point. Still only waking up 1 time a night to use the bathroom, sometimes twice on weekends since I sleep in a little more.
I have been embracing my last few weeks of sleeping in and taking full advantage of it. This weekend we didn't even get out of bed until 10:30 or 11:) Just because we can.
 

Best moment this week: Well I haven't blogged in a few weeks-vacation was much needed and amazing (hoping I can post some pics of that soon!!) We also had a short work week right after vacation because of the 4th, so the last two weeks have been the best moments, just for the pure fact that I haven't been working and it's been very relaxing for me. We used our gift cards to take a baby shopping spree on Friday which was a lot of fun. I also organized the nursery and found space in our pantry for all our little baby bottles and kitchen utensils.

Miss Anything? Not being able to drink on vacation and throughout the long 4th weekend has been hard:( I keep reminding myself I only have a month and half left to go.

Movement: Still moving and changing positions daily. The dr. said his head is right where he needs to be but I swear he is turning somersaults inside of me somedays. I keep feeling hiccups coming from different areas in my tummy.

Food cravings: No real cravings, just enjoying food in general

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, feeling great!

Have you started to show yet: Getting bigger by the hour, but hearing compliments of how small I look, or how un-swollen I look definitely helps, because I DO NOT feel that way. Everyone keeps telling me I don't look like I am having a baby in 6 weeks, which I love to hear!

Gender prediction:  Boy

Belly Button in or out? Still Flat and weird looking

Wedding rings on or off? My fingers swell occasionally, because of the heat. Somedays I have to take my ring off but only for a little while.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Feeling SUPER happy this week-probably because of all the great sleep and relaxation I have gotten in the last couple of weeks. I feel like my moodiness has definitely subsided because I have felt so rested and happy the last couple of weeks.

Looking forward to: Spending the weekend with my mom this weekend July 12-14. I haven't gotten to see her for almost 3 months, or her new house yet!!!! This will be our last overnight/weekend trip until after little man makes his arrival. We are also going to attempt to go to the John Deere Classic (golf tournament in the Quad Cities) on Saturday, which I know will require quite a bit of walking. My tennis shoes are definitely going to be needed:) Fingers crossed it is not unbearably hot, pray for high 70's/low 80's:)
 
Labor Signs? Nothing noticeable, crampiness still, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Anything Else???? Baby Boy could now decide to make his arrival and the hospital/dr. will not do anything to stop labor at this point. He may need a NICU stay but it is so exciting to know that everything would, most likely, be just fine!

The last two weeks I have spent a lot of time visualizing how different our lives will be at this time next year. I keep thinking about traveling with a 10 month old to vacation, how he will like to boat/life jacket, what his nap schedule will be like, will he like the fireworks on the 4th, will we be able to go watch fireworks with him, just in general what kind of baby he will be. It gives me a little bit of anxiety, just hopeful he isn't a little terror and is easy to do all these things with! I know life is going to change, and I am excited about it, I just want to be the best possible parent I can be and I know Josh feels the same way. We watch all the other children and babies and envision our lives next year at this time. What will we look like at this time next year???

1 comment:

  1. You look GORGEOUS!
    You're so close momma, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete