Family

Family

Thursday, June 20, 2013

31 Week Update

 
 
How Far Along? 31 Weeks-wow where has time gone?! How can I already be into the 30’s already????
Total weight gain/loss: As of 6/14 I weighed +25 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? Obviously, is there anything else at this point that is even remotely comfortable? Oh yeah, Josh’s T shirts
J Not only is he wearing his clothes but so am I
Stretch marks? Still nothing there, hopefully a tanner belly by the end of vacation week will disguise anything that decides to pop up the next 9 weeks
Sleep: This is getting tougher. Some nights are great, and I wake up feeling energized and refreshed. But some nights I toss and turn and wake up a couple times to pee, which results in horrible mornings and work days. My biggest pet peeve this last week-I will get up to pee and little guy will randomly get the hiccups right when I decide to lay back down! The hiccups are normally not noticeable (during the day), but when there is absolutely no other movement and it’s a quiet dark night-you can be darn certain they are keeping me awake for the next hour
L
Best moment this week: Putting together the pack and play and rock and play sleeper-we also went baby shopping with some of our returns and gift cards-I have more to take back and more gift cards so I cannot wait to go shopping again!
Miss Anything? The feeling of skinniness and being tan. At least being tan I can somewhat control by getting my butt outside. But this HUGE belly in front of me, that I can’t move out of the way or suck in, is really starting to weigh on my nerves.
Movement: Yep, always! Morning, noon, and night. I love to watch the waves of movement dance across my belly when we are just sitting watching TV. It’s so unreal to me!!!
Food cravings: Cereal and milk every day, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Love cereal anyways so this might not even be considered a craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at all
Have you started to show yet: Huge Belly, Huge legs, Huge hips…..yep.
Gender prediction:  Boy
Belly Button in or out? Kind of flattened out lately
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Consistently tired which makes it really easy to be moody. But I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to a week of vacation so this week cannot come soon enough.
Looking forward to: Like I said above, a week of vacation in Lake of the Ozarks. Did I mention I am going to be off for a week from work?! You can’t tell at all that I am ecstatic about that. I have been saving my PTO for vacation and maternity so I have not taken much time off at all in the last 6 months. The thought of just having a relaxing stress free week on the boat and in the sun just makes me so giddy with excitement! Not only that, but if I want to just sleep…..I can. I CANNOT WAIT TO JUST SLEEP!!!!!

Labor Signs? More crampiness, which could be Braxton hicks contractions or ligament pain. More pressure as baby pushes, well downJ Baby Boy is already sitting really low, and I have carried low the entire time-so I can’t imagine he has much further he can drop when we finally does. I guess I will know when it happens!
Anything Else???? We had a dr. apt on 6/14-the Dr. told us that if we gave birth to the baby today he would have a 95% chance of growing up and being a healthy normal baby and adult. This was very exciting news as I am constantly worried about going into preterm labor. He would have a lengthy NICU stay but he would most likely be pretty darn healthy. Although, he did ask at least make it through the next 3 weeksJ which I would prefer also-but after 34 weeks he said they would not do anything to stop labor at that point.
Some people think I am crazy, but I cannot stand sitting for long periods of time and would much rather go for walks or be up moving around. Like I said above, baby B sits pretty darn low inside of me so when I sit-the bands on my pants just dig into right where he is and it is unbelievably uncomfortable. By walking and standing I feel more stretched out and feel less crampedJ
I am realizing I need to start to slow down-my exhaustion has taken over my life and it’s next to impossible to stay energized all day. This is extremely hard for me! I love to stay busy, doing things around the house, running errands, working hard and constantly on the go…..today I came to a hard realization that it just isn’t possible anymore, and for the health of me and the baby-I HAVE TO SLOW DOWN. Sometimes, I just need to hear, “you are doing great, you look great, and it’s almost over.” That is the best motivation ever for me!
I will be off to vacation all next weekJ As if you didn’t already read about it three times above! But I will give an update on our vacation once I get back!

2 comments:

  1. You DO look great!
    These next handful of weeks are going to fly by. Try to slow down and enjoy it. Though things may be uncomfortable now, (and I'm going to sound crazy, here) but you're going to miss it.
    Enjoy time with just you and the hubs while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Leibster Award. Take a look at my post to see what you need to do.

    http://sabraneric.blogspot.com/2013/06/i-was-nominated-for-award.html

    ReplyDelete