Family

Family

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Busy Busy Busy!!!!

Man, it has been awhile since I have touched this blog. Sorry for anyone looking for updates, life has been so busy these last couple of weeks. On top of all the craziness, I have been just exhausted! So sorry I don't have a chalkboard update today, I will try to do one before the end of the week. Now that the weather is nicer, I find us always busy, outside, or going somewhere or doing something. I love being busy, but like I said pure exhaustion just takes over my body on the days we aren't doing anything at all. I wanted to give an update on some of the exciting things we have been doing!

Sunday June 2 was my second baby shower. It was hosted by Josh's aunts, Deb and Cindy. Josh's mom took some pictures and I finally downloaded a few of them to share! Got some great gifts! Finally got our car seat, so this little guy can come anytime now since we can legally transport him home now! I also got our diaper bag which I am super excited about! I received 4 "sleep sheep" also, which was hilarious because I just kept opening them:) For anyone who doesn't know what a sleep sheep is-it is a sound machine for the baby, and if Baby Bennett is anything like me-he will love his white noise while he sleeps, so it's a good thing we have one for every room in the house.
 
 
 
 
 
The week after the shower was a short work week (yay!!) Josh's family planned to go to Chicago for the weekend, and I just love Chicago so we tagged along.
 
I'll give credit where credit is due:) The reason we went to Chicago was so these 4 could run a half marathon. I wish I could say we got out of bed to see them cross the finish line......but we didn't make it:) They knew we were proud of them though!!!
 
 
When we finally got out of bed, Josh and I went over to the Hancock building to get a view  of the city-since Josh hadn't seen it from that high before(no picture:( ). Then we all headed to Wrigley to catch a cubs game.
 
 
 
I really enjoyed Chicago 7 months pregnant:) I really didn't mind the walking at all. I never felt tired or sore which was great. Honestly, walking feels 100 times better than just sitting, in my opinion. I found a vendor at the game that sold Non-Alcoholic  beer, which I thought was great, until they poured it into a plastic cup (no glass bottles!!). That really annoyed me because then I just looked like a prego girl drinking beer......awesome.
 
This past week we have been REALLY busy too which explains why I am so tired today (Saturday). Tuesday we finally had the chance to go out boating after work-stupid weather has not been cooperating!! Wednesday we had a hospital tour of the maternity center. Really enjoyed that since neither of us has really ever been in the hospital before, so it gave us a little more comfort knowing where to go and where things are located. Thursday I accompanied Josh while he played a round of golf. Again, the weather has not been cooperating much here in Iowa-so this was the very first time he was able to get out and play so far this year! I make a great caddy!!! And today we attended a 6 hour Childbirth class at the hospital again. Can't say it was the most exciting class, but it was very informative and I think we both took a few new pieces of information away with us.
 
We are REALLY looking forward to finishing this week and heading to Lake of the Ozarks for a week of relaxation/vacation. I cannot wait for a week off of work!!!! Then 4th of July will be the next week-another short work week (plus 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday!), and 6 weeks later-this little guy should be making his debut. Time is just FLYING by!!! 
 
I will try to get a chalkboard update posted this week before we go on vacation!!!! Everyone have a wonderful fathers day weekend!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment