Family

Family

Monday, April 29, 2013

24 Week Update

How Far Along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13 lbs-haven't weighed myself since last dr. appt. though
Maternity clothes? Yep! mixing a few pieces here and there, tried this top on for the pic above and quickly changed right after and immediately felt more comfortable
Stretch marks? Nothing yet
Sleep: Sleep is typically pretty good. I feel like pregnant women complain all the time about sleep, and I haven't really had any major issues, other than a bathroom break once a night and flipping back and forth to get comfortable, nothing I can't live with. Back pain has started to become an issue lately, which has caused me to be less comfortable, but my body pillow seems to at least help

Best moment this week: My first baby shower at my mom's hosted by my mom and sister! We got a great start to baby items!
Miss Anything? Not feeling winded when I walk long distances or go up stairs, being able to control my emotions!!!
Movement: Felt Baby B's first hiccups this weekend! I was laying in bed and all the sudden I felt a constant little pop, just like a hiccup, and then he had them again the next day. Other than that, movement is all the time now:)
Food cravings: Food-in general.....haha. The last few weeks I have been mowing down Oreos, fruit snacks, fruit in general. And the regulars-Chinese food, spicy food, salty food
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really
Have you started to show yet: Getting bigger by the hour!
Gender prediction:  ALL Boy
Belly Button in or out? depends on where he is sitting in my belly now, I can see it pop out if he is closer to the front of my belly but if he is towards the back I notice it reverts back in, and then when he moves you can see it pop in and out-so weird!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy and enjoying life-loved being with family and at my baby shower. Emotions are still a roller coaster, but that is to be expected also
Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on May 14, and now that the weather is FINALLY nicer, thinking about later this summer and fall when we go on walks and it won't just be me and Josh, we will have a little stroller with us!

Labor Signs? Nope-although 24 weeks is a big milestone and we are happy to have made it this far. Baby B can now survive outside the womb, god willing he doesn't decide to come early, but it still makes you feel a little more comfortable.

Anything Else???? I am hoping to share the pictures from my baby shower later this week. My mom took pictures and waiting for her email those to me. We had a great day, I really enjoyed getting all the great gifts!!!

Just an FYI-playing twister with your 5 year old niece is not on the recommended list of activities to do, 6 and half months pregnant:) Sometimes I really do forget I am pregnant, being that I really don't have a whole lot of issues other than a bulging mid section. However, when Morgan asked me to play, I thought, why not? Why not?!?! An aching back is to thank after that:)

WOW-am I really 6 and half months pregnant already?! Do we really start our 3rd trimester in just a few short weeks. This whole experience has just been flying by already. Looking forward to nicer weather (with the exception of the latter part of this week.....ugh don't even get my started on Iowa weather), more days off (memorial day, vacation, 4th of july), and summer will just flyyyy by! Cannot wait!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED feeling the hiccups!
    Enjoy these last few weeks. They really do FLY by!

    ReplyDelete