Family

Family

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

22 Week Update

How Far Along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13 lbs
Maternity clothes? Mostly.......yes, the picture above has a little taste of a new outfit I bought the other day at Motherhood Maternity. Day to day clothes around the house is not hard to do and I usually mix non-maternity w/ maternity pieces, but work clothes have been a struggle. So I went out and bought myself a couple pairs of nice pants and some tops. Life is much more comfortable in them.
Stretch marks? So far so good, still looking smooth:)
Sleep: Still doing well for the most part. Weirdly, I can still sleep on my tummy pretty comfortably, sometimes I use a pillow, but in the middle of the night I get tired of the body pillow and usually just sleep anyway I can.
Best moment this week: Spending time with my mom and grandparents, they haven't seen the REAL baby bump in person until this last weekend.
Miss Anything? I am not missing much this week, the usual, alcohol, but I am getting used to that now. I don't really limit myself to what I can eat, maybe I should be, but it's all safe in moderation in my opinion. So, I eat feta cheese, but not very often-maybe on a salad once in a while. Or I have a slice of deli meat, but again it's not very often and it's just to get a taste. Is there much else I shouldn't be doing? Drinking pop, I wasn't a huge pop drinker in the first place, so maybe one a week, and I usually have a coffee every other day in the morning-but never both in the same day. Caffeine does weird stuff to my blood sugar, and makes me feel jittery, so I am not a huge pop/coffee drinker anyways. Fish, I have some fish MAYBE once a week if we go out to eat.
Movement: We had a dr. appointment today and the Dr. confirmed we have a very active baby! I thought he moved a lot, but then again, who am I to determine? It isn't like I have felt another baby in there before. He said our baby is moving ALOT! Which, I think I agree with, Baby B is always moving nowadays.
Food cravings: I haven't really had any cravings this week- I had some sushi today (don't worry, cooked sushi only!) and that will be my fish for the week. I read that this week Baby is developing taste buds-so if I don't want a picky eater on my hands, my goal is to expose Baby B to some of MY favorite foods:) This way, when DADDY decides it's 2 against 1 for everything else, MOMMY can choose dinner based on what the majority of the household likes:) BAHAHAHA
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been feeling a little nauseous in the morning this week, probably just because I have been more tired this week. I always feel better after I eat.
Have you started to show yet: Yep!! Still loving it!
Gender prediction: It's officially a boy!!!
Belly Button in or out? Popping out more everyday
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week has been an up and down week for me. My emotions have gone a little crazy at times, and sometimes I feel great and so happy and energized! Hormones are nothing to joke about here! My emotions are like a roller coaster at times.
Looking forward to: My first baby shower in two weeks and continuing work on the nursery

Labor Signs? Adding this part this week, hopefully I am not going to have to post anything here for a while, but I did read that starting at 22 weeks you can start to feel Braxton hicks contractions-so we will see!!

Anything Else???? We had a great dr. appointment today. Everything is looking great! Heartbeat is normal, I am measuring right at 22 weeks, nothing to worry about. Next appt. is May 14 and I am looking forward to it for a couple of reasons. We have my glucose test and another ultrasound to measure how big Baby B is growing. Granted, I am not excited about the glucose test or the blood work I have to get done-but I am excited to have another ultrasound and to hear an "official" measurement on how big B is getting. I am gaining weight, so that has to mean something right?!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! reminds me of when I was pregnant.

    Check out my pregnancy blog, if you have any questions let me know

    www.babykautz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete