Family

Family

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling Great!



How far along? 13 weeks, 2 days. I start my second trimester on Friday Feb. 15. I have been doing alot of reading, and it seems like there is some differences on when the trimesters end. My doctor said 1st trimester is week 1 THROUGH week 13, so I guess I will listen to him:)
Total weight gain/loss: Doctor's appt. on Feb. 7th said I gained one pound, but the doctor said it could have just been a change in clothes. I should be gaining a pound a week from here on out.
Maternity clothes? Those maternity jeans make an appearance now and then, just the skinny ones, because they are just so darn COMFY!!! I also bought a belly band, but most of my jeans and all my work pants are still buttoning comfortably.
Stretch marks? Nothing there!
Sleep: Sleeping on my tummy is starting to get uncomfortable, just because the extra pressure it puts on my bladder. The day I have to stop is going to be tough, I am primarily a tummy sleeper:(
Best moment this week: scheduling the ultrasound appointment! March 19th is the date we should be able to find out if Baby Boettcher is a girl or a boy.
Miss Anything? Nothing too badly this week, drinking water is getting old, so I have been trying new drinks and infused fruit water instead.
Movement: I like to pretend when my stomach is bubbling or moving in the morning it is the baby, I know it isn't but it is fun to pretend
Food cravings: Crab legs, but Josh will not go to Joe's Crab Shack. Corn Dogs have been on my mind alot this week too, so I bought some frozen ones and had a couple yesterday:)
Anything making you queasy or sick: I am feeling so great right now! My exhaustion has gone away, I am feeling really happy, and everything is just going so perfectly. I kind of have a boring pregnancy, but I am just very lucky to feel so great and so happy!
Have you started to show yet: First glance looking at me, no, but if I actually show you my belly under my shirt you can see a little pooch. I think my picture above shows it a  little, but I didn't realize my white shirt would blend in with the wall so much so it is hard to see:(
Gender prediction: I think it is a boy
Belly Button in or out? I had an outie as a kid, and even as an adult it is halfsy, so I can see it start to pop back out. I am definately going to be one of those pregnant women with the awkward outtie belly button poking through my clothes.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been so happy and have had so much energy the last couple weeks. Crying hasn't been an issue as much. I am just feeling so great and not as tired, and I am not as irritable as I have been, it has just been so much better.
Looking forward to: Starting the second trimester on friday!!!

Anything Else???? We bought our crib this week, it should be here sometime this week. I am looking forward to setting it up and moving the other bed out of the room. I also have joined the YMCA, so I can spend time walking/runningon the treadmill. Before getting pregnant, I felt the best about my body I ever have through going to Maxlife. I miss our maxlife friends, and I definately plan on going back after the baby. I just feel more comfortable walking during my pregnancy rather than throwing kettlebells around:)







2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I had no idea! Congratulations!!
    It might night seem like it now, but it goes SO FAST!
    If you're having trouble sleeping I would HIGHLY suggest a big, BIG body pillow designed specifically for pregnancy. I snagged mine at Babies R Us. Probably the best pregnancy investment I made.
    Can't wait to see your weekly progress.

    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Desiree it goes so fast and a great body pillow will save you from tossing and turning. I am a stomach sleeper too. I bought mine at Baby Depot just under $40. I am so happy you are feeling so well! You are very lucky

    ReplyDelete