Family

Family

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Old Wives Tales


Everyone always has their prediction on what the baby's sex will be based on old wives tales, I thought it would be fun to do a few of them to see how they turned out. I obviously don't believe any of these are for certain, so just having a little fun today!
 
Ring Test-Loop your wedding ring in a piece of thread and let it dangle over your belly. If the rings swings in a back and forth motion, it's a girl. If the ring moves in a circular motion, paint the room blue.
Prediction: GIRL (My aunt did this test the other weekend and the ring went back and forth, she then tested it on all the current mothers and it was correct for all of them, but part of my thinks she was doing it herselfJ)
Heart rate-A heart rate over 140 beats per minute (bpm), it's a girl. A boy's heart beat is slower. 
Prediction: GIRL (First ultrasound was in the 170’s and the second was 160.)
Mayan Tale-The Mayan tale adds the mother’s age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is an even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way.
Prediction: BOY (27+2012=2039)
Face-If your face swells and gets rounder, it's a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy.
Prediction: Inconclusive (My face is naturally round, however, yesterday, someone did tell me my face looked thinner, so I would lean towards BOY on this one, but we will see in a few months!)
Cravings-If you crave salty foods it's a boy. If you crave sweets then it's a girl.
Prediction: BOY (I am usually a sugary lover-but since being pregnant, I haven’t had as much of a sweet tooth as I have craved salty foods more.)
Morning Sickness-No morning sickness, it’s a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy.
Prediction: BOY (no morning sickness at all for this momma!)
Chinese Gender Prediction-This age-old calendar predicts gender based on month of conception and your age
Prediction: BOY (most of the online calculators predict boy, but it really depends on the site you go to…..this one is dumb because they were all differentL)
Shape of Belly-If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it's a boy.
Prediction: Inconclusive (I am not showing enough yet to tell. This is another one we will try again in a few months)
Body Clues-Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she'll steal your beauty. So, if you've got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you've got a little princess coming your way.
Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy.
Prediction: BOY (No skin problems here, unless you count just being pasty-white a condition, but that is just lack of sun or tanning in the winter. On the flip side-my hands have been dry and my feet are always cold, again could just be the winter cold)
The Eye Test-when a "V" or "branches" appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a "V" or "branches" in the white part, you're having a girl.
Prediction: BOY (I really don’t even understand this one, but when I tried it I didn’t see a “V” or “Branches” so I am going boy on this one.
Breast Test-If a pregnant woman's left breast is larger than the right breast, she's having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it's a boy
Prediction: BOY (I think you get the idea……)
Urine Test-What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl.
Prediction: BOY (I would contribute this to a lack of drinking enough water, but for the sake of having fun, yes it is more yellow, too much information I am sure)
Bread- If you eat the ends of bread, its a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, its a girl
Prediction: GIRL (Who really eats the ends anyways??)
Sleep- If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, shes having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, shes having a girl.
Prediction: GIRL (Really, I am a tummy sleeper but I tend to sleep more on my right side than my left)
Hands- When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, its a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up.
Prediction: GIRL (I tried this myself, without anyone asking, so really I don’t think the test is accurate for that reason)
Headaches- If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy.
            Prediction: GIRL (No headaches here for this girl!)

Of the 16 Old Wives Tales, 6 predicted GIRL, 8 predicted BOY, and 2 I declared Inconclusive at this point.

Somedays I think it is a Boy and somedays a Girl, I honestly have no idea but we will see in 4 short weeksJ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment