Family

Family

Friday, January 15, 2016

28 Week Update {Baby B#2}


How Far Along: 28 weeks
 

Weight Gain: +22 lbs



Symptoms: Restless leg syndrome, itchy belly, frequent (and I mean, all the time) urination, swollen fingers/hands, more frequent movement, exhausted all the time, very vivid dreams



Cravings/Aversions: I have been craving chocolate milk lately. No aversions though. 

What I am Missing: Being able to bend over comfortably, being able to sit on the floor comfortably, being able to sleep on my belly (or get comfortable at all), being able to shave my legs with ease. Can you tell the fun part of being pregnant is starting to set in?
 
Size Of Baby: She weighs just over 2 lbs and is around 14.5 inches long, about the size of an eggplant.


Sleep: Worse. I wake up to pee 2-3 times a night. Way more than I did with Bennett surprisingly. Luckily I have no issues falling back asleep, I just hate waking up in general every 2-3 hours.

Clothing: I live in leggings, if I can. I absolutely despise work clothes and maternity pants in general. I wish it were warmer out so I can wear more dresses, I loved that about being pregnant with Bennett. I am not having any issues with tops or sweaters, but still struggling in the pants department.

Gender: Still a girl

Nursery: Finally making some progress here! We have made some purchases this past week to start putting the nursery together. I went through and organized everything from when Bennett was a baby and made a list of everything we will need to buy in the next 12 weeks. Her nursery is going to be a blend of Navy (using some of Bennett's old stuff), Coral, Mint, and Gold. I bought a bunch of adorable prints off Etsy. Hopefully by the next update I can give a picture of some progress.

Baby Purchases: Like I said above, mostly for the nursery. I bought a sound machine/night light for her room, curtains, prints, boppy cover, changing pad cover, and a lamp. 

Best Moment This Week: The past three weeks have been rougher. Christmas was wonderful. Bennett had fun seeing all of his family and opening gifts, and baby girl got some adorable gifts also. We spent 4 days in California at the Rose Bowl. For the most part, I did good, but some of the exhaustion and walking took a toll on my body early in the trip and after we got home. I got a tad anxious on the airplane because I was stuck by the window and the guy next to us was sleeping (ie, dead, would not wake up when I poked him several times to let me out!) and I really really had to use the bathroom. That is the last time I book a window seat 7 months pregnant! We had a lot of fun though! I also had my glucose test last week and so far no news is good news. 


Big Brother: Bennett is still very good about knowing there is a baby in mommy's belly. We ask his opinion on names, but he is no help:) go figure. He believes it is only "mommy's baby" even when Josh tells him it is his baby too. I can see how that is difficult for him to understand, considering the baby is in MY belly.

Looking forward to: Continuing to work on the nursery. Hoping to buy some more baby clothes:) 

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks too:)

Christmas Day

In California at the beach

 


No comments:

Post a Comment