Family

Family

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

31 Week Update {Baby B #2}


How Far Along: 31 weeks-and feeling more like 40+ weeks......
 

Weight Gain: +24 lbs



Symptoms: Restless leg syndrome, itchy belly (mostly bellybutton), frequent urination, vivid dreams, lower back pain, pure and utter exhaustion.



Cravings/Aversions: Nothing to report here

What I am Missing: Not being pregnant. I do not remember being this uncomfortable so early with Bennett. I feel so helpless/useless, maybe it is because we are also chasing around a VERY ACTIVE toddler.
 
Size Of Baby: 16 inches long and approx. 3.3 lbs. Around the size of a coconut.


Sleep: Sleep is better than you would expect. I get up 2-3 times a night to pee, but still have no issues falling back asleep. Finding a comfortable sleeping position has been tough. I usually revert to my bed around 7 or 8 every night because our bed is just so much more comfortable for me to sit/lay in than our couches.

Clothing: Still hating pants in general. If I can wear sweatpants or leggings, I will. I will be positive here though and say tops/cardigans are easier in the winter. I can wear just about anything in my closet since most of my tops are looser fitting.

Gender: A sweet little princess

Nursery: Finally coming together!!! Spent some time this past week hanging blinds and curtains. Also painted some frames and started putting things together to put on the walls. Just a few more "crafty" projects and it should be close to being done!

Baby Purchase: mostly nursery items. We plan on taking a trip to Target or Babies R Us next week to get a bunch of necessities; diapers, soaps, wipes, bottles, etc. I am really really excited for this!

Best Moment This Week: My family surprised me with a little baby shower. It was so sweet and SO unexpected. We got a lot of great clothes and I am so so thankful!!! Also, loving how little lady's room is turning out. I am feeling less anxious, but my nesting instinct has really taken over lately. I just want it to be done and stop worrying about it!


Big Brother:Bennett is still interested in my belly, well as interested as he could be. He doesn't quite understand why I can't hold him as long, or why I can't sit on the floor with him to play (seriously, this is the worst part of Baby #2!!!), but at the baby shower the week before he received a Big Brother book. He loves to read it and points out all the characters in the book- "mommy" "daddy" "Bennett" "Mommy's baby."

Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery. Going shopping for baby essentials, washing baby girl's little clothes.


 

Here's a little fun comparison picture. At least I am looking a little better this time around at 31 weeks:) 
I can see the "swollen-ness" of my face from the first time I was pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment