Family

Family

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

25 Week Update {Baby B #2}





How Far Along: 25 weeks
 


Weight Gain: took a slight bump in the weight department these past few weeks. Up to +20lbs. At this point with Bennett I was up about 18lbs. I blame it on the holidays and extra clothes:)



Symptoms: headaches, itchy skin, frequent peeing (more at night than usual), lower back and hip pain, shortness of breath



Cravings/Aversions: No Aversions. Not feeling sick anymore at all. Craving anything, food in general. I just love this time of year and all the food/sweets (hence, jump in weight....)

What I am Missing: Wine and Beer. Sushi has been on my mind alot lately too.......the good sushi, with the raw fish, none of this cooked crap. Being able to bend over comfortably.
 
Size Of Baby: Baby is the size of a Rutabaga (whatever that looks like....). Weighs 1.5 lb and 13.5 inches long. We are at a viable stage and Dr. said that our baby would have a 60% chance of surviving outside the womb if born today. At my Dr. appointment this week, I am measuring 27 weeks but am actually 25 weeks.


Sleep: Starting to get more uncomfortable. Feeling like there is less and less space for both Josh and I. I have now upgraded to 3 pillows and moving in the middle of the night with 3 pillows is no easy feat. Waking up once or twice a night to pee. I also wake up sore because I don't move a lot during the night.

Clothing: My biggest nemesis. I absolutely hate winter and being pregnant. Give me a summer pregnancy any day! I will take the heat, bloating, and flowy dresses/maxi skirts! I swear I just cannot find pants that I love or feel comfortable in, every single one of them is horrible. I hate the belly band and I am hating maternity pants. The only thing I feel comfortable in is leggings and unfortunately for this girl, leggings are not always work appropriate. I also hate wearing a coat on top of all of the other layers winter requires. Winter pregnancies just make you feel 10x larger than you really are......I blame it all on the layers!

Gender: Still a girl, working on names right now, but this is proving to be very hard for us. We just cannot seem to fall in love with one.

Nursery: We moved Bennett out of his crib and it, along with the dresser and bookcase, went into the other room for the nursery. He is now in a twin bed and has big boy furniture, which he loves. The nursery, however, is a hot mess right now. It is in some serious need of TLC. Everything is just thrown everywhere, there is no organization. That is my January goal, to organize and start buying what we need for little miss. 

Baby Purchases: No purchases. Excited to see if we get anything for Christmas!

Best Moment This Week: Had a Dr. appointment earlier in the week, which is always nice. We scheduled all of our appointments out to the 1/week mark, which is crazy to think we are already at this point soon. Christmas is this week so I am looking forward to seeing our families and taking some time off of work.


Big Brother: So very sweet. He will come talk to the baby and give my belly kisses if we ask him to. If someone asks him what is in mommy's belly, he will respond with "a baby." Not sure he understands the girl/boy difference yet, or what a new baby will mean for him, but I promise this will rock his world. He is such a momma's boy.....I feel guilty already at the thought of not being able to be there for him at all times. We are working really hard on having him go to Daddy for more, but until baby girl arrives, I doubt he will really understand.

Looking forward to: Not necessarily looking forward to it but my next appointment will be the glucose test.

We are also going to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl next week. So SOOOO excited to get away for a few days, kid free. I am so happy we are doing this now and not a month from now. I am getting close to hitting the "I don't want to walk anywhere" stage. I am starting to feel huge and I know the days in LA are going to be long, filled with alot of walking. Wish me luck!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment