Family

Family

Monday, March 28, 2016

39 Week Update {Baby B #2}


How Far Along: 39 weeks and 2 days 

Weight Gain: +30 lbs

Symptoms: Sciatica Nerve Pain, Pressure, Lower Back pain, Swollen ankles/toes/fingers, Contractions or Braxton Hicks Contractions-I have a mixture of both. Frequent Urination

Cravings/Aversions: Actually feeling less hungry this past week or two. Not sure if that has anything to do with being VERY pregnant or the fact that I have been battling a cold. No cravings.

What I am Missing: beer, wine, champagne, Being able to move-being able to bend over, being able to get up easily, being able to put on socks or shoes with ease. Being able to pick up Bennett without feeling pain, being able to play with him on the floor. Being able to sleep on my back or stomach. Not feeling tired or in pain/sore.

Size of Baby: Approx. 7 lbs and 20 inches long. About the size of a small watermelon

Sleep: Not Horrible, not great. Every night is different. Some nights I sleep great and fall back asleep immediately after using the restroom. Other nights I wake up with contraction pain and am awake timing contractions for an hour or two, but then they just go away:( Such a tease. My body is SO close!!! Waking up about every 2-4 hours to use the restroom, so 3 or 4 times a night.

Clothing: My maternity shirts barely cover my belly, my maternity pants barely fit me and if they do they are highly uncomfortable. Even leggings are a struggle at this point. Maxi skirts, dresses, and Josh's pajama pants are the best thing I have right now. I rarely want to spend much time outside of the house because that would require "real clothes" and my go to wardrobe at home right now is a pair of Josh's pajama pants and one of his t shirts!

Gender: Hoping for no surprises here, but planning on a baby girl!

Nursery: Nursery is completed, baby and mom's bags are packed, we are ready!

Baby Purchases: Bows and headbands, a swimsuit for summer, some BabyGap clothes on sale this past week. I am going to have issues buying clothes for this little lady!

Best Moment this Week: Visiting the Dr. at my 38 week appointment and hearing that I am SOOOO close. I am 3 cm dialated and just need her to push a little bit more and we should be good to go! Come on girl!!!

Big Brother: Like the rest of us, ready to meet baby sister. As excited as I am to meet her myself, I might be more excited to introduce Bennett to her. I get tears just thinking about it. 

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl anytime this week!!! Highly doubt I am going to go over due and if we do, I plan to induce. I am due on Saturday April 2 and if I go to our Dr. appointment on Friday April 1, I will plan to induce on Monday the 4th, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Please send us your prayers that we do not have to induce. I know that my body is ready and just needs to decide when the time is right. I have had an intense nesting instinct the past couple of days, that in addition to a few other "labor symptoms," I know she is close. Some warmer weather this week will give me an opportunity to go on a few walks and hopefully help things along here. I cannot put into words how excited, nervous, anxious, scared, or happy I am right now. My emotions are all over the place. Wish us luck and the next time you hear from me, we will have a baby girl!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment