Family

Family

Monday, January 20, 2014

Getting Fit

Shortly before having Bennett, I was in (probably) the best shape of my life.....well maybe except for when I was in high school, but I really don't count that time since we are all supposed to be smaller then. Josh and I had been working out together for over a year prior to our wedding, we both felt and looked great. My clothes fit great, I was comfortable in my own skin. Don't get me wrong, I have never been someone who obsessed over my weight and to be honest, I hate working out, always have. So 6 short weeks after getting married, we found out we were going to be having a baby. For a woman, that means one thing.....gaining weight. I tried to keep up with my workout, but after about 4 weeks and an immense amount of exhaustion, I decided to take it easy and enjoy my pregnancy. I didn't worry too much about what I weighed, or ate, for that matter. I gained just over 40 lbs, and luckily MOST of it came off within 3-4 weeks post-partum. I have held onto around 5-10 lbs now for the last 3 months. I started working out again about 7 weeks after having Bennett, nothing serious, just 3-4 times a week. But once the holidays rolled around, and the weather got cold, I quickly lost motivation. I may hate working out, but if I have to do it, I prefer to get it over with in the morning. That means, waking up at 5 AM, most likely after a broken night of sleep, dragging myself into my car, in the cold, and getting to the gym. So, after a 4 week hiatus, I decided to try something at home, where I wouldn't have to get up AS early. Let it also be known, I have NEVER been able to diet, I just LOVVVEEEE to eat! I love everything about food, I especially love to try new foods and flavors, and we LOVE to go out to eat as well. So, even though I was working out prior to getting pregnant, and for a short 3 month stint after, I was never truly eating healthy. Yes, I was able to lose weight and tone up, but I have always wondered how much further I could have gone with a healthy diet. So that motivated me, and after reading a fellow blogger's diet plan, (find it HERE) start healthy eating habits AND workout at home. So here I am on day 1 of my diet, I am excited because I really want to stick to this. I hope to instill some good eating habits into my diet, and I will HOPEFULLY see the results. If you want to see the diet plan I am on you can click HERE!!!!! As for my in home workout, currently we (yes, both Josh and I) are trying out Insanity. Wish us luck!!! If you have any tips, or yummy healthy recipes, please let me know! I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Stick with Insanity! It was one of the ways I quickly shed the baby weight.
    Also, not sure if you have the MyFitnessPal app, but I used that to track everything I ate when trying to lose those last few pesky pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you would be interested in Weight Watchers or not...but I am on week 2 and have lost 6 pounds so far! I had my baby on July 31st and lost my baby weight immediately but I have a long way to go to reach my goal weight. WW is awesome because it encourages you to make healthy choices throughout the day- but you can still have the foods you love. It's all about portions and points. Good luck to you! Getting healthy is hard work but so worth it in the long haul!

    ReplyDelete