Family

Family

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Surprise!!!!

The cat is out of the bag now(via facebook), but I wanted to start a blog to track my progress and let everyone know how everything is going, especially for friends and family who don't live down the street:) Josh and I found out we were expecting on Dec.8, 2012. We chose to keep it fairly secret for a month, until after our first Dr. appt. The night we found out though was actually the night of our good friends, Jake and Miranda's, holiday party. Plenty of drinking is usually involved in events like that so I was nervous how to hide it all night, but I definately still wanted to go! Below is the first picture of us as "parents", I am so happy we have a picture and we definately look super happy. Funny how no one knew what was going on but us! I think I hid it well, but a little part of me was freaking out all night:) Not because I wasn't excited, because I was, and still am, but nothing ever prepares you for that moment.
 
We told our families soon after, Josh's family, while baking holiday cookies, and my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, everyone has been so excited and we are so blessed to have such great supportive families. This little guy or girl is already spoiled with love and I cannot wait to introduce him/her to everyone.
 
Even before all of this happened, I was fairly addicted to Pinterest, so now with all of the baby news, I have been "pinning" more than usual, but now it is usually baby related:) The idea for the blog came from pinterest. My blog inspiration came from "Little Baby Garvin" and since I am not so creative individually, I want to give her credit for her chalkboard designs, as most of mine will probably look a lot like hers:)
 
We were lucky enough to have our first Dr. Appt. on Jan 8, 2013 and he also was able to do an ultrasound. Everything looks and sounds great! The official due date is August 16, 2013. Here is the first official picture of Baby Boettcher, or "JJ" as Josh likes to call "him"
 
Going forward, I am going to try my hardest to keep up and keep track of my journey through pregnancy:) Hopefully someday I can look back on this and remember what a wonderful time in my life it has been so far.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! You have the most amazing journey ahead of you :) I too blogged about my pregnancy and it is a really great way to document everything you go through. You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of chalk do you use on your board?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,
    sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you. I just use regular old Crayola Chalk I bought at a craft store. Not sidewalk chalk, just the skinny colored kind. But I continually draw over and over it to make it vibrant and bright! It makes a mess and I break alot of chalk from pressing down so hard, but it seems to work great!

    ReplyDelete