Family

Family

Friday, April 3, 2015

Bennett Update {17, 18, and 19 Months}

Yep, it is true. I suck at blogging. I say this every time, every post. Each week, I say to myself "I think I am going to do a blog post." And then I don't. I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through previous blog posts. So here is my new goal: not to make every post long, but to try to update it more regularly with pictures and captions. And let's be honest, what I read in Bennett's 15 month update is not much different from what he is doing now at 19 months.

In fact, at his 18 month appointment last month, I don't think he grew at all! He is still 23 lbs. and is still around 32 inches tall. He is still napping once or twice a day, although he is more likely only to do the 1 nap a day for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. Sleeping at night is pretty much the same-going to bed at 7:30-8 and waking up around 6:30 AM. He will eat just about anything with ketchup; chicken, strawberries, cereal, yup anything!

He talks a lot more nowadays. I can actually understand him, but he definitely understands more than he can say. He also learned how to sign "more" at daycare, which is so adorable! He is starting to put together words and small sentences. He repeats just about anything we say, so time to start being careful. He absolutely loves babies and puppies (and no, he is not getting either of them anytime soon).

He tends to get a little "hangry" just like his momma. And him and Josh have the most adorable relationship, although I won't always admit I like that. Josh will tease me about something, and then Bennett will repeat it, and then they will look at each other and laugh. Yep, I should have know that was coming, ganging up on me already.

Here are some pictures/updates from the last 4 months:

Visiting Santa for the first time this year went surprisingly well. No tears! Win in my book.


Bennett got a potty and a kitchen for Christmas. The potty is just for fun right now. We have not even attempted to start the potty training, nor do I want to!

He loves the kitchen!
 
Bennett got his first haircut this winter. He looks a lot more scared than he actually was. He did surprisingly well, just a little nervous. He also had his first dentist appointment in March, but I was not able to get any pictures of that.
 

Love these little overalls

I mean seriously, how adorable! He was just loving this arcade

First time in the snow

In Febuary, we visited the Science Center of Iowa. They have this adorable little kitchen, which Bennett never wanted to leave.

 They also have dinosaurs, which Bennett thought was kind of cool as well.
My new favorite play spot is Barnes and Noble. Seriously. If you don't know about this, you should. Barnes and Noble does story time, and crafts, and they have little play areas.

Again at Barnes and Noble. We attempted to beat cabin fever all winter by finding new spots to play.
 
He has been loving his hats lately, and I just thought this picture was cute.
 
 
We also visited Great Wolf Lodge in early March. Bennett was not feeling the best, so unfortunately, he was not enjoying the pool and slides as much as we would have liked. But he loves swimming, so I am sure we will be back!

Finally, these last few weeks have been warmer and we spend ALOT of time outside and at the park already. Seriously, does he not just look so big here?!

Bennett's favorite at the park is the slide. He is not a big swinger, but give this kid a slide and he will be amused for days.

Last week was 80 degrees! Yes, that is a hot dog dipping in applesauce.

I realized we haven't given Elin much love on the blog yet. In late October, Bennett met his new baby cousin, Elin. She is now 5 months old, and such a big girl sitting in the stroller all by herself. Last week we went to the park again, with all three kids, imagine that!

 
We are so fortunate to have found a great in home sitter for Bennett. Melissa sends up pictures throughout the day, and these are some of my favorites from the last few months.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment