Family

Family

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

10 Month Update


Update: Can we just pause a moment and reflect on the fact that my "baby" is so oh-so-close to toddler-hood. Honestly, it brings such a tear to my eye. We are looking forward to August and starting to plan for his birthday party (don't worry, I am not an all out-pinterest worthy party mom). I love the idea of a theme, but I want it to be low key and fun. I DO NOT want to be stressing out about a major cake, or what to "name" the snacks and put labels on everything. Yes, we will be a little creative, but that is just who I am, I am a creative person in general and always have been. We have no idea what to even get Bennett for his birthday, but let's be honest, he won't even realize if we buy him anything. 

The start of summer has be super fun! We have been camping twice, love the water, love boating, HATE life jackets, and we are almost always outside. Bennett is our little towhead. For those that don't know what that means, don't worry I had no idea either until this summer. I promise you, no one in my family was ever a towhead......so that must be a Boettcher thing. Anyways, the definition of a towhead-someone with white blonde hair and tannish skin. Wherever it came from, it is absolutely adorable. Even random people in the grocery store will stop and say what a cute little towhead, ha who knew?!

Likes
  • Swimming
  • Any and all food-loves feeding himself
  • Golf Clubs (really I think this is anything long, because he has the same fascination with the broom)
  • Water Table
  • Riding Toys
  • Blocks
  • Climbing the stairs

Dislikes
  • Having his nose wiped
  • Waiting for food
  • Diaper Changes
  • Getting dressed/undressed
  • Lifejackets

Stats: No stats, next appointment is at 1 year

Features: Towhead, need I say more? White blonde hair, small curls, and tan skin. Baby blue eyes and usually a bump, bruise, or cut he rocks once a week depending on the fall or spill he takes. Apparently, though, this kid does not want to grow any teeth. He still only has his bottom two. Although his nose has been runny, so I know those top two are trying to make an appearance. I would imagine by the end of the next month he will have them.

Sleep: Great, as usual. How did we get so lucky??? He slept AHHHHMAZING during camping both times, who knew?? Goes to bed anytime between 7:30 and 9-depending on his mood (ahem, and dad and mom's) and wakes up like clockwork at 6:30 AM. Doesn't matter what time we put him down at, 6:30 his internal clock goes off.

Diapering: Size 3 Diapers- in both nighttime diapers and daytime diapers, no changes here for a while I suspect.

Clothes: Ahhhhh summer clothes. He is in anything from 6-9 and 9-12 month clothes currently. There are a few 18 month hand me downs he wears, but that is because they have shrunk in the wash. I absolutely ADORE the rompers he wears. I could put him in a romper everyday, whereas Josh prefers a cotton T shirt and athletic shorts for him.

Social: ALLLLL Boy this one is. He falls, and doesn't cry. He has no fear of anything. He loves adventure. We can usually find him crawling on, in or behind something. This month he has attempted to take steps on his own. He can usually manage 2-3 before he falls (as I write this, we are 5 days into Month 11-don't worry, we have exciting updates to come in the walking department-more to come in 4 weeks!) Like I mentioned before, he usually is rocking a bump, bruise or scrape. Typically, this is because the kid just flings himself at whatever he wants and usually ends up injuring himself. He will cry for 2.3 seconds and move right on to the next adventure. 

Bennett is babbling and screaming as usual. He loves to be heard. I am not sure I have ever heard a baby scream in excitement like he does, but I may just be biased. Plus he is around us most, and most comfortable with us. 

Bennett has become such a momma's boy. I love it and I hate it, but let's be honest, I love it more than I hate it. I can't wait for him to feel the same way about Josh. I keep telling him, there will come a day when Bennett wants nothing to do with his mom, the girl.......

Our newest boat driver

Bennett loved cousin Kaden's tractors at his house when we went to visit!

I could watch this kid sleep for hours-so peaceful

Yes, we now have a baby gate. Although instead of leaving it alone, he pulls himself up and starts shaking it violently. I don't think they are going to last very l


Twins!

A new toy, and no it is not for riding. But this kid insists on climbing everything

He proceeded to climb inside the new toy and get himself stuck

Mom and Bennett Camping
Swimming at the campsite

at the beach

Bathtime at the campsite



No comments:

Post a Comment