Family

Family

Monday, October 14, 2013

2 Month Update



Update: Every day is getting easier! Maybe, we are just settling into our new life better, but I think Bennett is getting easier (and more fun!) every day. He now can sit for periods of time without being constantly entertained by us and he is sleeping more consistently and for longer periods of time.
When Bennett was around 5 weeks old, I took him to the Dr. to get checked for reflux. Something inside me told me he wasn’t comfortable, and after speaking with other moms of babies with reflux, we determined he had all the symptoms. The Dr. prescribed him Zantac and within 24 hours he was a completely different baby! Since being on his reflux medicine, life around here has gotten a lot easier, and less uncomfortably for him.

Bennett had his two month checkup this morning, and received his shots. He handled it pretty well, only cried for a couple seconds until I cuddled with him a bit to calm him down. Since getting home at 9:30, he has been one sleepy baby, only waking up to eat.

Likes:

·         His Baby Einstein Playmat

·         Being Naked (especially without a diaper)

·         Playing with mommy and daddy (and giving us adorable smiles and coo’s to show he’s having fun!)

·         Still enjoys movement in the car, stroller, swing (liking it more than he used to), and vibrating chair.

Dislikes:

·         Flavor of his baby Zantac for his reflux issues

·         Getting his nose sucked by the booger sucker

Stats:

2 week appointment

·         Weight: 8 lbs 6 oz. (45%)

·         Height: 20 ¼ inches (37%)

·         Head Circ: 14 ¼ inches (63%)

2 month appointment

·         Weight: 11 lbs 8 oz. (31%)

·         Height: 22 inches 9 cm (45%)

·         Head Circ: 15 inches (19%)

Features: Blue/Grey eyes that are getting lighter by the day, dirty blonde hair (which fell out on top, but has since started growing back), still has great color to his skin. Long and lean, not too chubby yet!

Sleep: Pretty consistent-usually goes to bed between 8:30 and 9 PM and will sleep until 3 or 4 AM (eat/diaper change) and go back down for another 2-3 hours. Wakes up around 6 AM for the day.

Two 30-45 minute naps in the morning, one longer nap in the afternoon (2-3 hours) and then one more 30-45 minute nap around 7 pm

Eating: Eating every 2-3 hours. If I feed him a bottle he is taking 3-4 oz. at a time. Still nursing primarily though, he gets a bottle when we are out running errands, or if Daddy is helping or getting up with him at night.

Tried formula for the first time a week ago. He has only had a couple bottles of it, but I wanted to make sure it didn’t upset his belly in case we needed it while he is at daycare or if he doesn’t have enough milk with him.

Diapering: Still wearing size 1 diapers, Daddy thinks we need to go up to size 2, but mommy isn’t ready to make the leap yet (bigger diapers mean bigger babyL) Still haven’t had any major issues with peeing on us during a change though (fingers crossed!) The only time Bennett pees all over is when Daddy insists he “air out” and he lays on his play mat without any clothes on, diaper included (or not included I should day).

Clothes: Put away all Bennett’s newborn clothing about 2 weeks agoL He is now wearing all 0-3 month clothes, some are still a little big. Getting used to the idea of “clothes.” It was so hot out the first month Bennett was alive and now we make him wear these big bulky pants, sweaters, and jackets, I am not so sure he likes all the bulk, so we try to make him comfortable at home in jammies or onesies and baby sweatpantsJ

Social: Oh my, have we progressed in this area! Bennett is so much fun to interact with lately. His smiles melt our hearts, and he loves to “talk” to us too. He has been cooing a lot lately, and will often try to copy our sounds and the movement of our mouths. We could sit here for hours cooing at him and listening to him coo back. He has the cutest little baby smiles and is happiest in the morning, after he eats, or right after a nap. He also has discovered his hand and has been sucking on that if he is hungry. Bennett has become a “drooler.” Research has told me that he can start teething as early as 2 months, first tooth may not come in for 4-6 weeks, but he is always drooling all over himself, yay for more laundry!

Mama: I am now over half way done with my maternity leave, I go back to work Nov. 7th. I am getting very anxious (and kind of excited) about going back to work. Not that I don’t love spending my days with my little man, but I am ready to get into a “real life” routine. I know my days at home are numbered and that this isn’t real life. The first couple weeks are going to be an adjustment, especially with getting out the door on time! I have noticed since Bennett arrived, I am pretty much late everywhere I go……
I also started working out this past week. I am happy to get back into my workout routine, although it is HORRIBLE at times, it makes me feel good and helps me re-energize myself. Josh stays home with Bennett right after work so I can go to the late afternoon workout class.

Daddy: Bennett loves talking/cooing at Josh. It is something about his deeper voice, he can always get Bennett to smile. Josh has really been enjoying a little more interaction from Bennett as well. Josh is great about helping out when needed. He usually will get up with him one night a week on weekends to feed and change his diaper. Once I go back to work, we will try to figure out a better schedule for splitting up the night time duties, but we are hopeful in the next three weeks he will start sleeping through the night-SO CLOSE!!!!

 First Waukee football game. Bennett loves the K'Tan carrier
 
Four boys watching football-love this pic!

Bennett and I at Des Moines Alzheimer's walk with my friends Koo and Chris

Keeping warm on a chilly morning at Alzheimer's walk

Bennett around 8:30 PM, he is so easy to put to bed, he is out!

Loves being naked!!!

Not feeling so hot this morning, came down with a little cold:(

"I'm Hungry" face!

Love Love Love these smiles!!

More adorable baby smiles!

 At the Zoo for the first time, really impressed!

More Zoo Fun!

Mommy and Bennett at the Zoo

Gracie and Bennett at the Zoo

Oh my how they change in size in a year!

Bennett having a sleepover with cousins, Kaden and Morgan

Sleeping baby

Loves that bumbo chair, he does great sitting up in it!

1 comment:

  1. He is such an adorable little peanut!!
    LOVE that picture of the four boys at the football game. Too much cute. :)

    ReplyDelete